Photos & video by Joost Nuijten, Music by Gijs van Leeuwen
Get ready to experience a mind-blowing Monday night on the 23rd of April 2018. Eight speakers will invite you into their world with short, inspiring stories. You can expect talks about remarkable life stories, science, prejudice, and sustainability. Oh, and about sex. It’s going to be an exciting, magical evening with music, dance, and most of all: answers to questions you didn’t know you had.
This third edition of TEDxYouth@Groningen is hosted at the Grand Theatre at the Grote Markt. The event is aimed at young people between the ages of 16 and 22.
Tickets are sold out!
How can we make our lives into an adventure, get past prejudices, and improve our city? How can we make a Tesla even more sustainable, improvise the hell out of everything, and have better sex?
Got your attention? Good. But that’s all you’re getting from us ;). We won’t give away any more about the talks and our speakers. That’s the concept of Magic Monday: have an open mind and let us surprise you. Because magic only happens when you least expect it…
A shout-out to our group of volunteers without whom TEDxYouth@Groningen would not be possible! This year’s main team consists of:
● Nynke Vos, event manager
● Marjon Leertouwer, scheduling
● Joke Coens, partners
● Bob Voorneveld, partners
● Mark Meinema, speaker coaching
● Emilie van Gorcum, production manager
● Martien de Vries, project manager
● Romy Misran, coordinator volunteers
● Marjolein Huibers, coordinator volunteers
● Kevin de Boer, technical support
● Sebastiaan Sijpkes, marketing & pr
● Aafke Eppinga, copywriter
● Annelot Vaatstra, copywriter (English)
● Anne van Lierop, graphic design
● Vida Kasaei & Amir Komeilizadeh, stage design
x = independently organized event
In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TED Talks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. Started as a four-day conference in California 30 years ago, TED has grown to support its mission with multiple initiatives. The two annual TED Conferences invite the world’s leading thinkers and doers to speak for 18 minutes or less. Many of these talks are then made available, free, at TED.com. TED speakers have included Bill Gates, Jane Goodall, Elizabeth Gilbert, Sir Richard Branson, Nandan Nilekani, Philippe Starck, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Sal Khan and Daniel Kahneman.
The annual TED Conference takes place each spring in Vancouver, British Columbia. TED’s media initiatives include TED.com, where new TED Talks are posted daily; the Open Translation Project, which provides subtitles and interactive transcripts as well as translations from volunteers worldwide; the educational initiative TED-Ed. TED has established the annual TED Prize, where exceptional individuals with a wish to change the world get help translating their wishes into action; TEDx, which supports individuals or groups in hosting local, self- organized TED-style events around the world, and the TED Fellows program, helping world-changing innovators from around the globe to amplify the impact of their remarkable projects and activities.
● Magic Monday = 23 April 2018
● Grand Theatre, Grote Markt 35, Groningen
● The event starts at 19:30. Doors open at 19:00, so feel free to come early!
● Most talks are in English, but a couple are in Dutch. Visitors who don’t speak Dutch can use our free app to listen to a live translation during these talks (bring earphones). The event itself is hosted in both Dutch and English.
● The talks are alternated with amazing music and dance performances.
This independent TEDx event is operated under license from TED.